Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fuel Pump

Over the years I’ve learned when traveling anywhere and especially in Baja, it’s best to carry every possible part that may go wrong. Well this time we were on the dirt road and Big Red began acting a little strange, stuttering a little. It felt as though it wasn’t getting enough gas. We had just gone through a good sized mud puddle and about 100 yards past it Big Red stopped dead in it’s tracks. I cranked the engine a few times but no life. I thought maybe it might be the fuel pump so I had Roberta turn the ignition key while I checked the fuel pump to see if it was pumping gas. Sure enough no fuel was being pumped. So I got out my tools, got to my spare parts and pulled out a brand new fuel pump and went to work. I laughed a little while changing the fuel pump thinking how lucky I was that Big Red didn’t stop in the middle of that mud pond. That would have been a lot of fun. Within an hour I had the new fuel pump in and we were on our way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment